Since its first years Imperial Energy has followed the policy of high social responsibility not only towards its employees, but also towards the people of the whole Tomsk region – the territory of company’s operations. Activities of Imperial Energy – one of the main subsoil users and tax payers of the region – facilitate development of economy of Tomsk region, creation of new jobs and securing social stability. Taxes, annually paid by the company, run into millions of roubles. Apart from that Imperial Energy implements a wide range of sponsorship and charity projects, aimed at supporting sports, educational and culture institutions, disabled children and other socially vulnerable groups.
Social and business partnership of Imperial Energy and the northern territories of Tomsk region, where company operates, is continual and system-based. Every year the company and administrations of Kargasok, Parabel and Aleksandrovsk areas enter into cooperation agreements, resulting in efficient resolution of issues related to public services and amenities in settlements and villages, provision of employment for the local population, and rendering assistance to territorial authorities in implementation of prominent social projects.
The following projects received financial assistance from Imperial Energy and were implemented in 2010-2011:
- Construction of social centre in s. Kiyevskiy of Kargasok area;
- Capital repairs of “Beryozka” kindergarten in Parabel rural community;
- Cosmetic repair of Culture centre in Novoseltsevo rural community of Parabel area;
- Maintenance of Novoseltsevo Secondary general education school of Parabel area;
- Construction of addition to Kindergarten #4 in Parabel rural community;
One of priorities for charity policy of the company is provision of support to the most socially vulnerable groups, i.e. disabled children, children without parental care, and lonely elderly people. We are proud that we have helped in changing fates and fortunes of dozens of people by participating in implementation of the following projects and activities:
Year 2006 – financial assistance to the programme of the Russian Children’s Fund aimed at rendering aid to children, suffering from celiac disease;
Year 2007 – participation in the charity telethon by TV-2 (local TV company) called “Obyknovennoye Chudo”, financial assistance in treatment of several sick children;
- Financial assistance to the programme of the Russian Children’s Fund aimed at medical inspection of disabled children suffering from cystic fibrosis;
- Jointly with the Russian Children’s Fund the company organised an Anti-diabetes day;
- Corporate assistance provided to Orphanage #4 of Tomsk (funds allocated for maintenance work, PE uniform for the sports team, and gifts to children).
- Beautification of children’s game room in a children’s tuberculosis clinic;
- Began cooperation with the charity fund named after Alyona Petrova (rendered assistance in equipping Rehabilitation centre with toys and musical equipment, purchased equipment for paediatric wards of oncologic dispensary);
- Purchased modern TV sets for Kargasok elderly care centre;
- The company participated in charity auctions held by the Governor (total cost of two lots purchased in 2010-2011 amounted to 200 thousand roubles, which was allocated for treatment of sick children);
- Financial assistance to “Nadezhda” Civil society organisation taking care of disabled children in purchasing school stationery for disabled schoolchildren;
- Purchased office appliances for Tomsk branch of All-Russia civil organisation “Russian Union of Afghan War Veterans”;
EDUCATION, SPORTS AND CULTURE
Imperial Energy pays special attention to support and development of children’s and professional sports, education and culture, because we believe this to be a prerequisite for harmonious development of the young generation and successful future of the region.
Year 2006 – Funds allocated for upgrade of computer facilities of Vocational school #20 of Tomsk;
Year 2007 – Assistance provided to Tomsk Polytechnic University in establishment and equipping the new computer classroom;
Year 2009 – Imperial Energy sponsored Tomsk children’s karate-do club “SKIF”. Young karatekas were thus enabled to participate in the All-Russia championship and take top places;
- Sponsor support to Tom football club;
- Financed participation of Tomsk sportsmen in the national kickboxing competition;
- 10 modern microscopes purchased and gifted to Oil and Gas Institute of TPU for the new core examination laboratory;
- Finance support for various educational projects and activities of Tomsk non-profit fund “Culture of Tomsk region”;
- Sponsor support for organisation of annual conference of veteran-geologists;
- Provided sponsor support to the VIII All-Russia open field competition of young geologists;
- Paid for trips of employees’ children to All-Russia festival “Detlandiya-2011” in Anapa. Our young talents won in three nominations!
During the whole period of company’s operation profession-oriented students of higher education establishments of Tomsk are allowed to undergo training. In 2010-2011 academic year aloneá 49 students of Tomsk higher education establishments have undergone awareness and onsite training